Monday, April 20, 2009

YES I AM ALIVE AND SCREW THE RANGERS

Man I might have just blown $200, but that was one of the best days off ever. Rangers/Capitols play off game 3 at Madison square garden. I am very split about the result however. As a Flyers fan I was so happy to see a shut out game, but damn I would have liked to experience the sound in the stadium if the Rangers had scored. Not that the scoreboard noise-o-meter would have registered it correctly - when they zoomed in on it it was reading Hz not dB. Now come on this is a bunch of drunk male New Yorkers not a Jonas Brothers concert that thing would barely be flickering. Yes sad sound person I know.

So yes a successful day off despite the weather (we got soaked walking less than a block), much better than other people had all cooped up in the hotel. Something I'm sure I will hear about tomorrow as I "dumped" my bus buddy Roach to go to the game. As he says we could have had an evening at the Guggenheim, but I chose to watch people wield sticks and throw punches. Seems like a fair argument until you add the fact that it was a Harley Davidson exhibition we would have gone to.

So other than my perfect day off I've had a hell of a tour. Know I should have been writing a little more but I get so distracted by the groupies etc. I do feel, however, like giving a quick highs and lows up-date.

So first the highs:

1) Finding out the hotel I stayed in for pre-production was a central location for True Romance and while I was there Monk was being filmed. Pretty cool, almost makes up for the fact that I had my clothes in the dryer for 3 hours and they were still soaking wet.

2) Meeting our merch guy Roach. Seems scary at first to meet someone that has all the same traits, ticks and tastes as you but as we've decided we might as well take advantage of the situation to perhaps understand ourselves better. It's also nice to know your are not the only one wandering around in circles mumbling and arguing with inanimate objects.

3) Remembering the reason why it is nice to go on tour - the totally random people you meet that if you lived in your own corporate bubble would never happen. Prime example is Ft Lauderdale, Fl. During the load in there was a, I can't put it delicately, seemingly retarded girl talking to the loaders and commenting on everything including how much she like my outfit as it made me look twelve. Every one in the crew was making stupid comments about her. Don't take it the wrong way they are great guys, but then again their guys. I, not being someone who can avert my glaze and ignore people as I walk past struck up a conversation with her (most of the times I wish I could but here is an example why not). We ended up talking for probably an hour and a half about politics, her art/photography, the books she's written to combat the evil forces of Twilight and the British monarchy - her characiture of queen Elizabeth was fantastic. Turns out here mom was on cocainee while pregnant. STRAIGHT UP BITCH in my opinion. Kind of thing that brings you back from the whole fake rock'n'roll world your living in. And to top it off she thought I'd be a great candidate for president so she's all good in my book.

Actually I'll only do one low for now as the other situations need to play themselves out.

It is never nice to have your power supply blow up 3/4 of the way through the set. Not only does the band freak out that the stop hearing anything, but the audience doesn't help. There you are scrambling and climbing over mountains to the show happening again and you have a bunch of yokels screaming bullshit at you. Dude (haha yes I am Americanized mom) the venue was actually called the Dive what else do you expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment