Thursday, March 26, 2009

A WHOLE NEW WORLD

So I've had my first Californian Home Depot experience. One I will never forget and yet we never got out of our supped up/gas guzzlin' mini-van "upgrade":




(I believe the car rental place is owned by exxon).

Now I'm used to rolling up to my Home Depot, loading up a cart full of mulch, maybe wasting some time and money in the tool department and leaving wondering why I couldn't find one person to help me load all that shit into the back of my truck. Home Depot Hollywood is a totally different beast. A block before we even hit the entrance, the sidewalk was lined with Mexicans gesturing at all trucks that passed by. There was even security at the parking to attempt to deal with the situation????

Now unlike my co-worker I didn't feel the best solution for this problem was to put up an INS station at the Depot - Lou Dobbs has not brainwashed me yet - however I am ashamed to say I was glad we decided to go to a different one the next day and while I did not roll my window up (too hot for this East Coast girl) I did appear to fake a neck injury that mad it impossible to move me head from side to side.

I wish my grandfather could see LA these days. I've been here five days and covered a lot of ground. Every roadside crew, every chambermaid, every person breaking a sweat couldn't be mistaken for a very tan caucasian. Not to preach, but I think california would crumble into the Pacific faster than even Bill Hicks predicted if some americans had it their way. Not that I'd really shed a tear, so far I've had muggy weather in March, many hours sitting in traffic and been told that tomorrow a film shoot start outside my hotel room... LA LA LAND INDEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment