Friday, February 6, 2009

I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT A PARKING LOT ALL DAY

Annoyingly I am writing this in word in hopes of copying and pasting later. The wireless internet on the bus has been absurdly slow all day and in lieu of throwing my laptop through the windshield….

Of course this had to happen on our day off. Wouldn’t be so bad, but there isn’t much to do in Medford, OR other than, shower, do laundry and go to Shop4Less and stock up on munchables. Sadly not being a stoner it only took me fifteen minutes. Others seemed to spend half the day there coming back with a plethora of dr pepper, brownies and white castle microwavable burgers (which by the way smell terrible).

And just to give you an idea of where I’ve been whiling away my time – including starting my father’s book finally:



Anyway, the last two shows both went incredibly well I am pleased to say. The band is getting much tighter than the first two shows when they were still learning the songs and I’m getting into a good rhythm as well. The LA show particularly had the hairs on visiting musicians arms stand up and had the crowd f’in pumped. Yes, quite quickly we have gotten to the stage that most of the time the reason they come over to the monitor board is to make off-the-wall Swedish remarks. Several times I have nearly spurted water all over the console. Not good as I know how I would react if someone did that at my house gig.

And sadly, yesterday we had to say goodbye to Karine. An uber fan from France who flew all the way over to go to the California shows. Compared to the cum-buckets, Texas airheads and stalkers we had around on the last tour I did she was not the norm. Classy, not interested in sleeping with anyone, plus she had a car and a hotel room, which meant she wasn’t an extra body in our slightly crowded bus.

Now my part of the tour might be starting to gel quickly, but I do feel sorry for our tour manager dealing with these stupid ass openers we got laden with. Little self-entitled bastards. Direct support is a band on their “yes we still exist” tour who think they’re rock stars. If their bus is sitting in the parking spot outside the venue one more time when we pull up to load in I say we see what happens to a bus if you stick a banana in the exhaust.

The first act is the exact opposite. Easy for them to travel in a van, I guess, as I doubt any of them have started to shave. Eating our food while we are sound checking, complaining about stage space (though part of that is due to primadonnas above), loaders, etc. Talk about green, you just want to shake them by their metal studded guitar straps.

Time to get some shut-eye. Want to get up at a decent time tomorrow. It was much nicer the other day to get a nice view of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge than waking up the typical view of venue out one window and liquor store on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment