Monday, February 16, 2009

QUICK RECAP VOL 1

As I have been quite bad at keeping everything up to date I thought I would look at the back of my laminate to remind me where I have been recently and write whatever I could think of about those places/shows. So:

Billings, MO - ... - - ... wow.

Denver, CO - Just another show, though I did have the crow's nest mixing position. Sucks for actually hearing what is happening down there but as the drummer put it at least I get to "look down on all us mere mortals. Also had the opportunity to meet up with some of my old neighbors from when I was a little kid. Was wonderful other than my old babysitter showing the whole bus a picture of me when I was 4. My whole bad-ass is now shot.

St Paul, MN - Don't you just love playing shit holes where the house techs just love talking about what they don't know? I knew it was going to be a good day when I walked in on them ringing out the wedges, "hey take out 1k, no maybe that was 2k, hmmm" (and that was with smart on their laptop). Oh well, the more they liked to talk the more I could keep them distracted from the red lights on the amps. No I don't blow rigs up I just have to see how far they can go every once and awhile. Blows the dust off of them.

Milwaukee, WI - Most haunted venue in the country supposedly. Should bring my cousin Liz there one day. Does have a great history: HUGE mason's lodge (secret tunnels and all) that was then rented out to white supremacists. Later had a gay club where Jeffery Dahmer picked up his victims. Of course I did not hear any screams of tortured souls only the god damn kick drum coming back at me on stage four times. Why can't I change the laws of physics?

Chicago, IL - The House of Stairs and the amazing undulating stage.

Toronto, ON - Of course it's the first day of the live DVD shoot that everything goes wrong. Bad monitor cables, trigger cables getting pulled out, bass volume getting turned up to 11 out of nowhere. I BLAME IT ALL ON THE VIDIOTS.

Montreal, QUE - Didn't care what happened at the show, I got a home-cooked meal that night. Best possible thing you can recieve on the road.

New York, NY - Only day bands members were late for bus call. Doesn't seem like a big deal unless you know that you can't run the bus generator on the street there. Hence we all sat around with our coats on and flashlights out cursing their names.

Towson, MD - Considering in everyone's head the New York show was our last, not much is remembered about this one - other than or make shift bar we had on stage. Um still probably the worst sound system we had all tour. Made all the better by the fact that I found out that this was the last show using that rig and the next day the whole thing was getting ripped out and a brand new system being put in. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG.

Anyway till the next tour.....

No comments:

Post a Comment