Tuesday, February 3, 2009

LAND OF THE FREE

At least tonight I'm not awake at four in the morning due to first show anxiety or post first show depression, hence I'm actually writing again. After a few bumps at the beginning - language barrier being a main one - things are starting to shape up. Even getting compliments on the sound which makes me more relaxed. So did the beers I shared with the forgien portion of the crew - that always seems to bridge the gap.

Before I get too much into musings over the standings with the band which just make me think about it too much, perhaps a post mortem of the first few days later down the road.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH AMERICA

So we haven't even gotten to Canada yet and I've been through two checkpoints. The easy one was on the way back from San Diego to LA - a guess a big after the border crossing crossing point. Luckily got through that one without having to say loudly to the back lounge "get out your passports". ie swallow the pot. The only problem I had was trying not to laugh when I saw the "immigrant crossing" caution signs on the highway. Yes I know this is in poor taste,but it was just so astounding to see.

Our other encounter on the other hand was far more of a pain in the ass. Were we playing at the inauguration, Fort Dix....

no goddamn DisneyLand or as it seems to be affectionetly called by people who have experienced it before home of the Facist mouse. Since when, Walt, were a bunch of Swedes and a bus driver from the mid-west communists, when?

Anyway probably should go to sleep now only a few hours before the bus starts moving which is still difficult for me in the early days. Soon however it will become my best friend, the gently rumble masking the sounds of 10 men snoring. Good times, good times....

No comments:

Post a Comment